He/She will be responsible for supporting, coordinating and maintaining the various database applications by installing, configuring, troubleshooting and repairing the databases of our various clients in the group. If you are driven and ambitious and looking for an exciting opportunity then this role is just the one for you.
• Assisting with budgeting and quotes for current and future environments
• Documentation of processes
• Orientation of new staff
• Database installs and DR environment configuration
• Database patching and upgrades
• Database backups and restores
• Implementation of database monitoring utilities
• Database performance investigations
• Structural changes and deployment of database objects
• User requests
• POC new technologies or processes for clients
• Provide consultancy, education and guidance in the use and exploitation of DBMS’s and
database environments and infrastructure.
• Recommend technical solutions to our clients.
• Assist in the logical design and implement the physical definition of databases in conjunction with
application systems analysts.
• Enhance and maintain databases to accommodate new business functions and improve existing
• Assist application developers with problem analysis and resolution of development and
• Provide and maintain technically stable and performing production environments.
• Research and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost
effective database solution for the application design.
• Monitors and analyzes ongoing database status, utilization and capacity.
• Implements and support database security regulations, policies, and guidelines.
• Work closely with technical and client management to plan and implement database tools in
support of business applications development requirements and processes.
• Utilizes standard tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
• Support user and developer access, upgrade planning, implementation and resolution of
• Capacity Plans
• Meet contracted SLA
• Disaster recovery (backup and restore) Procedures and checks.
You will be working with the following technologies:
• Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Oracle, SQL Server & MySQL Database
• Oracle Data Guard
• Oracle RMAN
• Performance Tuning
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
The primary focus of this position is the development and maintenance of software that supports multiple corporate clients and large consumer facing digital platforms.
• Collaborate with the development teams on the integration platform and provide
recommendations and guidance on integration solutions.
• Ensure that the solutions designed and implemented in integration technologies meet security
and compliance requirements.
• Contribute to the Technical Design Documents, Use Cases, Test Cases and User Manuals for
various projects. Conducts bug fixing, code reviews, and unit, functional and integration testing.
• Apply complex problem-solving skills using database management, data mapping APIs and
WebServices skills to research, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
• Act as first level of escalation for all integration issues and manage incident resolution and
• Analyse production environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for
• Create and maintain documentation for integration platform installations, changes and upgrades.
• Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
• Develop and implement standard processes for installation, maintenance and enhancement of
integration platform applications.
• Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
• Build integration flows between new and legacy system in integration platform technologies.
• Develop and maintain large scale, low latency applications for financial and retail products
• Give input for defining a cross company deployment strategy.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Produce technical and user documentation
The primary focus of this position is the development and maintenance of software that supports multiple corporate clients.
• Test and debug programs according to specifications
• Construct and implement programs
• Understand and interpret complex technical system functionality and specifications
• Work as part of a project team
Job Purpose: Successfully manage and monitor administration-related processes in safaris operations company
-Mature candidate who can approach diverse problems calmly and confidently
-Fully bilingual in Afrikaans & English
-Matric / Grade 12
-10 years administration experience a must (Key requirement)
-Preference to candidates with administration experience in Tourism industry
-Valid passport (occasional travelling required)
-Skilled, honest and accurate with ability to work on multiple projects and roles independently as well as in a team
-Good multi-tasking skills and flexible
-Able to manage personal workload and complete tasks timeously
-Able to work and perform well under pressure according to scheduling, forecasting, and planning administrative responsibilities within the main office.
-Logical thinker with specific attention to detail while at the same time being able to “think out the box”.
-Good organisational and planning skills essential (integral scheduling element)
-Excellent communication skills on all levels
-Self-organised and able to effectively deal with different levels and processes of administration in an office environment
-Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel, Word and Outlook)
-Customer service experience beneficial
-Reliable and trustworthy
-Stable employment record a must
-Successfully manage and monitor administration-related processes in safaris operations company
-Work closely with General Manager
-Basic reservations, marketing and accounting
-Banking (paperwork required to keep up to date with SARB from banks, communicate with bank regarding all online and manual processes involved, admin and issues on all banking fronts, fair financial acumen)
-Maintain all office equipment as required
-Problem solve Hardware/Telecomms issues, and if necessary call out Service providers e.g. Internet, VOIP, photocopier
-Maintain and update computer hardware and network including backups
-Administration of insurance policy documentation
-Reporting and general overview
-Answer questions and provide reports to summarise the various responsibilities at any time
-Prioritise and problem-solve
-Pre-plan to avoid complications along the way
-Advise Management of potential and immediate problems
Salary: R 12 000.00 – R 15 000.00 gross (depending on experience and qualifications)
E-mail detailed CV in Word or PDF (Not as a link) to ***email***
">***email*** and indicate Reference CR1620 and your salary expectation. (Also forward a recent photograph and Reference letters if possible)
APPLICATIONS NOT MEETING ALL REQUIREMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
• Organising and hosting firm events and seminars
• Assist in managing tender submissions and maintaining the tenders database
• Producing marketing material, brochures and web content
• Drafting the firm’s employee newsletter and drafting internal mail communications
• Coordinating the firm’s client email newsletter and newsflashes
• Assist in managing the financial and budget controls of the Marketing department
• Media communications: handling media queries, coordinating and preparing for media interviews, overseeing media articles, drafting and distributing press releases, media monitoring and operating the firm’s social media accounts and firm’s website
-Exposure to fields of law as prescribed by the Attorney’s Act for admission as an Attorney
-Filing of documents at Courts etc.
-General administrative duties
Salary: R 5 000.00 – R 7 000.00 gross
E-mail detailed CV in Word or PDF (not as a link) to ***email*** and indicate Reference CR1622 and your salary expectation. (Also forward a recent photograph and your Academic Transcript) APPLICATIONS NOT MEETING ALL REQUIREMENTS WILL BE DELETED