Cooper College has a position available for a Marketer
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketer to join our team at Cooper College, a Curro Select school. The successful candidate will take responsibility for actively recruiting new learners into the nursery school and College in line with Curro’s overall marketing strategy. The marketing skills of an experienced marketer who is familiar with the Randburg/Fourways/Northriding community will be a prerequisite.
- Conceptualise, plan and execute external and internal acquisition/enrolment drives so as to achieve our enrolment targets. This includes proactively managing enrolments, reviewing applications and providing timeous feedback to parents and the internal admissions team.
- Proactively manage all leads to ensure sales conversion in line with enrolment targets. Nurture and maintain existing learner/school relationship so as to ensure that existing families remain brand ambassadors for the school.
- Create an agile, creative yet realistic marketing plan that is aligned with the executive head’s vision and plans for the school.
- Together with the executive head and bursar, manage the school’s marketing budget and allocation thereof.
- Manage the school’s social media presence on different platforms. This includes ensuring that the school information on the Curro website is maintained, current and in line with the brand/school CI.
- Ensure the correct use of and management of the school CI including, but not limited to ensuring that new materials for the school are packaged and deployed correctly; that the school and Curro CI is current, consistently applied and utilised on relevant platforms/channels; conduct brand audits on collateral and campus signage.
- Manage communications with various stakeholder groups (ranging from parents, learners, staff, local businesses, media and other Curro schools) and ensure that the school’s communications with the different groups is professional and of a client-centric nature at all times.
- Regular liaison with the broader school community to ensure their involvement, buy in and can be mobilised as required in terms of the school marketing strategy.
A marketing/communications degree or diploma (three years’ working experience in a school or related industry) with a solid understanding of different marketing techniques
Knowledge and skills
- Above average knowledge and experience in using the full MS Office suite of programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Relationship-building/a customer service orientation with a proven network within the relevant community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Afrikaans and English)
- A healthy respect for a deadline
- Attention to detail
- Communication and influencing skills
- Organising, planning and prioritising sills
- Self-motivated and a team player