HOW TO APPLY:
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2018
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
Curro is an equal opportunity employer
Preference will be given to EE candidates
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in teaching Afrikaans in the Senior Phase.
- To plan, control, record and report on Assessments.
- To attend meetings, forums, workshops for the grade/ phase as required.
- To create a positive educational atmosphere within the classroom and media centre.
- To work closely with the teachers in the Grades to ensure the effective implementation of the curriculum.
- To manage, plan, assist and promote effective teaching and learning within the classroom and have a passion for the use of technology in the classroom.
- Teach basic library skills to Grade 1 to Grade 6 learners
- Responsible for all library administration (LIBWIN system).
- Catalogue all new media items.
- Print labels and cover books.
- Issue and return media items: staff and pupils.
- Create barcodes and library cards: staff and learners.
- Sort and shelf returned items.
- Update borrower records and media items as needed.
- Take stock annually.
- Renew subscriptions and distribute magazines.
- Organize book sales and shows.
- To manage, plan, assist and promote activities (sport and culture) within the School.
- To manage, plan, assist and promote discipline within the School.
- Be prepared to assist with sport, culture and other administrative duties as and when the need arises.
- Personal commitment to Christian education and a willingness to contribute to the values and ethos of the School is essential.